This fall, Zendrive launched a new program to support local solutions to local traffic safety programs: #FundMyStreets. We worked with Lyft, Uber, Juno, HopSkipDrive, Bird, Lime, StopDistractions.org, Together for Safer Roads and Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) to invite communities across the country to send in their innovative and impactful proposals for making change where they live. We invited people from across the country to apply for up to $50,000 to make roads safe in their neighborhoods.
Over three hundred people responded, and we’ve invited twenty-three finalists to make 30-second videos to support their proposals. The videos will be tweeted between now and January 6, and finalists will be working to garner retweets through January 13.
Look out for tweets tagged with #FundMyStreets and @Zendrive to follow the finalists, and retweet your support for as many as you like!
The twenty-three #FundMyStreets finalists are:
- Alexandria Families For Safe Streets, Virginia
- Angell Elementary, Michigan
- Anna High School, Ohio
- Bicycle Colorado, Colorado
- Bike East Bay, California
- Bike Walk Savannah, Georgia
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sequoias, California
- GW Transformation Department, Colorado
- Hoboken High School’s Safer Streets for Everyone, New Jersey
- Lee County High School, Georgia
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, California
- Malvern Area Betterment Association, Iowa
- R City CDC, Illinois
- SADD Don Pedro, California
- South Los Angeles Transit Empowerment Zone, California
- Temple Street Team, California
- Tenderloin Community Benefit District – Safe Passage, California
- The Eagle Rock Association (TERA), California
- The Street Trust, Oregon
- Trailnet, Missouri
- Transportation Alternatives, New York
- Walk Bike Nashville, Tennessee
- Walk San Francisco Foundation, California
Our panel of judges will review the proposals and the videos to select a winner by the end of January 2019. They’ll be looking at each plan’s likelihood of improving road safety, the feasibility of execution based on resources and timelines and the amount of community support based on the number of retweets.